Calcivyte tablets are high potency calcium supplement that provides 600mg of elemental calcium & 125 IU of Vitamin D for promoting bone health.
Health Benefits of Calcivyte Tablets…
- Calcium: Calcium is the primary mineral responsible for strong bones. The body also uses calcium for muscle contraction and nerve function.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D promotes calcium absorption in the small intestine and maintains adequate serum calcium concentrations to enable normal mineralization of bone. Vitamin D also assists in maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Calcium and vitamin D contribute to the maintenance of normal bones, teeth and normal muscle function. They also help to reduce the loss of bone mineral in post-menopausal women. Low bone mineral density is a risk factor for osteoporotic bone fractures.
- Calcium and vitamin D have a role in the process of cell division. In addition, calcium contributes to normal neurotransmission.
Calcium in reducing the risk of Pregnancy-induced hypertension…
- During pregnancy, blood volume increases but the diameter of the blood vessel remains the same.
Increased blood flow creates pressure on the walls of the blood vessel, which leads to Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, Preeclampsia and Eclampsia.
- Calcium helps in the production of Nitric oxide. Nitric Oxide maintains the vasodilatation, which is important for normal pregnancy.
Calcium supplements during lactation…
- The body makes up for calcium loss in the bones during pregnancy and early stages of nursing in two ways, first, less calcium is excreted in the urine and secondly, the low level of estrogen in nursing mothers promotes increased absorption of calcium.
Calcium and Vitamin D in corticosteroid-induced Osteoporosis…
- Glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis (GIO) is a serious consequence of glucocorticoid therapy leading to fractures in 30—50% of patients.
- High concentrations of glucocorticoids inhibit osteoblasts and the synthesis of osteoprotegerin, while the production of RANKL (Receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand) is stimulated, which, in turn, increases the proliferation, maturation, and activity of osteoclasts.
- Glucocorticoids stimulate the synthesis of collagenase III, which is an enzyme involved in bone matrix degradation.
- Vitamin D plus Calcium may moderately reduce bone loss during GC therapy and in vitamin D depleted patients.
Calcivyte Tablets are available in pharmacies and health food stores.