Vitane Nature’s Folvyte Tablet is specially formulated with 400µg folic acid also known as folate or vitamin B9, is important before & during pregnancy & for general wellbeing.
What is folic acid..?
- Folic acid is synthetic form of vitamin B9 also known as Folate. Folate plays an important role in the production of red blood cells and prevent neural tube defects (NTDs) – serious birth defects of the spinal cord (such as spina bifida) in fetus.
How much folic acid you need..?
- To reduce fetal risk of developing a neural tube defect, experts recommend that you should take 400 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid a day, beginning at least a month before you start trying to get pregnant and up to three months after conception.
Why you need Folic acid..?
- Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing fetus.
- Folic acid can also be used throughout pregnancy, as it contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.
- Folic acid contributes to the prevention of Neural tube defects such as Spina bifida, Anencephalyand Encephalocele.
- Folate contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
- It helps in the production of DNA and RNA, the body's genetic material, especially when cells and tissues are growing rapidly, such as during infancy, adolescence, and pregnancy.
- Folic acid have a role in the process of cell division.
- Folic acid helps in controlling the blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine. High levels of homocysteine are associated with heart disease.
Vitane Nature’s Folvyte tablets is available in pharmacies and health food stores.