Let’s Enjoy Pain-Free Life…
Jointlube injection is a clear solution of sterile 1% Sodium Hyaluronate in a phosphate buffered saline contained in a pre-filled syringe for single intra-articular injection into the synovial space of the joint.
A Miracle Visco-supplement for Replenishment of Synovial Fluid in cases of Osteoarthritis of Knee.
- It is a nonsulfated glycosaminoglycan distributed widely throughout connective, epithelial and neural tissues.
- It is an important component of articular cartilage, where it is present as a coat around each cell (Chondrocytes).
- It is responsible for the resilience of cartilage by binding water molecules to the cartilage. (It’s resistance to compression).
- It is a major component of the synovial fluid and was found to increase the viscosity of the fluid.
- Viscosupplementation is a medical procedure during which lubricating fluid is injected into a joint. Viscosupplementation is most commonly used to treat symptoms of knee osteoarthritis.
- The active ingredient in the injections is called hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the synovial (joint) fluid. It acts as a lubricant to enable bones to move smoothly over each other.
- Hyaluronic acid is a key component of the joint fluid in healthy joints but is found in lower concentrations in osteoarthritic joints.
- The hyaluronic acid produced an artificial lubricant with both a clinically relevant level of osmolality and clinically relevant thermal stability as seen in human synovial fluid from patients with osteoarthritis.
Jointlube Injection is available in pharmacies and health food stores.