Pregvyte tablet is a unique Vitamin & Mineral formula specially formulated for those mums who are planning for pregnancy or are already pregnant.
- Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing fetus.
- Folic acid can also be used throughout pregnancy, as it contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.
- Folic acid contributes to the prevention of Neural tube defects such as Spina bifida, Anencephalyand Encephalocele.
- Folate contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
- It helps in the production of DNA and RNA, the body's genetic material, especially when cells and tissues are growing rapidly, such as during infancy, adolescence, and pregnancy.
- Folic acid have a role in the process of cell division.
- Folic acid helps in controlling the blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine. High levels of homocysteine are associated with heart disease.
Key Vitamins and minerals…
- Pregvyte provides a range of nutrients for overall support, all at sensible, carefully balanced levels, including vitamins B2, B6 and B12 which contribute to normal red blood cell formation.
- Calcium supplementation is very important, especially during pregnancy and lactation, to replace maternal skeletal calcium stores that are depleted during these periods.
- Vitamin A is important for baby's embryonic growth, including the development of the heart, lungs, kidneys, eyes, and bones as well as the circulatory, respiratory, and central nervous systems.
- Vitamin A is particularly essential for women who are about to give birth because it helps with postpartum tissue repair. It also helps maintain normal vision, fights infections, supports your immune system, and helps with fat metabolism.
- Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant may help reduce the oxidative stress.
- Vitamin D regulates the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body, which are needed to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy.
- Good nutrition is important to help prepare a woman's body for the additional demands placed on it during pregnancy. Certain nutrients, like folic acid, vitamin B12 and zinc are also of particular importance from the very first moment of conception.
- Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction while vitamin B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation and also has a role in the process of cell division.
- Vitamin C protects cells and helps to keep them healthy. Also increasing the absorption of iron from foods and correcting a protein imbalance in certain newborns (tyrosinemia).
- Iron contributes to normal formation of haemoglobin and normal oxygen transport in the body. Helps to prevent anemic condition-a condition in which blood lacks adequate healthy red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen to the body's tissues.
- Iron deficiency can delay normal infant motor function (normal activity and movement) or mental function (normal thinking and processing skills).
Vitane Nature’s Pregvyte tablets are available in pharmacies and health food stores.